Terms & Conditions
Effective date: 20 September 2022
These Terms are binding on any use of the service and apply to you from the time that QUOTERITE provides you with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person from your organization who uses the service Provided. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity who uses the Service.
- “Access Fee” means the monthly fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by you in accordance with the fee schedule set out on the Website (which QUOTERITE may change from time to time on notice to you).
- “Confidential Information” means all the information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorized disclosure by the other party.
- “Data” means any data inputted by you or with your authority into the Website.
- “Intellectual Property Right” means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
- “Service” means the online customer relationship and enterprise resource planning services made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by QUOTERITE) via the Website.
- “Website” means the Internet site at the domain www.quoterite.com or any other site operated by QUOTERITE.
- “QUOTERITE” Means QUOTERITE Software which is a trading name of Retail Pro Pty Ltd.
- “Invited User” means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorisation of the Subscriber from time to time.
- “Subscriber” means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
- “You” means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User.
- “Your” has a corresponding meaning.
1.1 Use of Software
QUOTERITE grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your subscription type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
- The Subscriber determines who is an Invited User and what level of user role access to the relevant organization and Service that Invited User has;
- The Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users’ use of the Service;
- The Subscriber controls each Invited User’s level of access to the relevant organization and Service at all times and can revoke or change an Invited User’s access, or level of access, at any time and for any reason, in which case that person or entity will cease to be an Invited User or shall have that different level of access, as the case may be;
- If there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access to any organization or Service, the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
- It’s the Subscriber’s obligations.
- It’s the Subscriber’s Payment obligations.
1.2 Billing & Payment
All QUOTERITE invoices will be sent to You, or to a Billing Contact whose details are provided by You, via email. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Access Fee. Upon signing up to QUOTERITE you will be required to enter your credit card information into our subscription billing service. Your monthly subscription will be automatically charged each month in advance until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with Clause 8.
1.3 General Obligations
You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by QUOTERITE or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorized to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify QUOTERITE of any unauthorized use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and QUOTERITE will reset Your password. You must take all other actions that QUOTERITE reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of QUOTERITE’s computing systems, networks and Your access to the Services.
As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must not:
- Attempt to undermine the security or integrity of QUOTERITE’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- Use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
- Transmit, or input into the Website, any:
- Files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software;
- Content that may be offensive;
- Material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
- Attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
5. Attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
2. Usage Limitations
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against QUOTERITE’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will be advised.
3. Communication Conditions
As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message center), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to):
- Offers of goods or services for sale;
- Unsolicited commercial email;
- Files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software;
- Content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website;
- Material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. QUOTERITE is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. However, QUOTERITE does reserve the right to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
You indemnify QUOTERITE against all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to QUOTERITE. This includes (but is not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Access Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
5. Confidentiality and Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
- Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
- Each party’s obligations under this Clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- The provisions of Clauses 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
- is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
- is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
- is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
- is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
6. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of QUOTERITE (or its licensors).
6.2 Ownership of Data
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain the property of QUOTERITE. Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the QUOTERITE Access Fee when due. You grant QUOTERITE a license to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
6.3 Backup of Data
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. QUOTERITE adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. QUOTERITE expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how it is caused.
6.4 Third-party applications and your Data
If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that QUOTERITE may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. QUOTERITE shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
7. Warranties and Acknowledgements
You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person. You agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
You acknowledge that:
- You are authorized to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorized to use the Service. You are also authorized to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
- QUOTERITE has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
- You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so
- You are responsible for authorizing any person who is given access to information or Data, QUOTERITE has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorization and may refer any requests for information to You to address
- You will indemnify QUOTERITE against any claims or loss relating to:
- QUOTERITE’s refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms.
- QUOTERITE’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
- The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an “as is” basis and at Your own risk.
- QUOTERITE does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. QUOTERITE is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
- It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to You (including any laws requiring You to retain records).
7.3 No Warranties
QUOTERITE gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, QUOTERITE does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
7.4 Consumer Guarantees
You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
7.5 Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, QUOTERITE excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
- If You suffer loss or damage as a result of QUOTERITE’s negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against QUOTERITE arising from QUOTERITE’s negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Access Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
- If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 8.
8.1 Prepaid Subscriptions
QUOTERITE will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid period for a prepaid Access Fee subscription.
8.2 No-fault termination
These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Access Fee paid or payable under Clause 1.2. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Access Fee when due, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving notice to the other party at least 30 days before the end of the relevant payment period. If You terminate these Terms You shall be liable to pay all relevant Access Fees on a pro-rata basis for each day of the then current period up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
It is classified a breach of Agreement if:
- You breach any of these Terms (including, without limitation, by non-payment of any Access Fees) and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
- You breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of Clause 1.2 or any payment of Access Fees that are more than 30 days overdue);
- You or your business experiences one of the following circumstances:
- Become insolvent or make any arrangement with Your Creditors, or become subject to any similar arrangement event in any jurisdiction.
- Goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets
QUOTERITE may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
- Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend Your use of the Services and the Website for any definite or indefinite period of time;
- Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data;
- Take either of the actions above in respect to any or all other persons whom You have authorized to have access to Your information or Data.
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Access Fees due in relation to any of Your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of Your Organizations (as defined at Clause 1.2) is not made in full by the relevant due date, QUOTERITE may suspend or terminate:
- Your use of the Service;
- The authority for all or any of Your Organizations to use the Service;
- Your rights of access to all or any Data.
8.4 Accrued Rights
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
- Remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination
- Immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
Upon expiry or termination:
Clauses 3.1, 3.7, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. Training & Support
- Technical Problems: In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting QUOTERITE. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by QUOTERITE or contact support services.
- Service availability: Whilst QUOTERITE intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place. If for any reason QUOTERITE has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than QUOTERITE would normally expect, QUOTERITE will use reasonable endeavors to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
- Training / Meetings Cancellations: At least two (2) hours notice must be provided for cancellations of meetings and/or training by You, the trainee and/or the Subscriber. Otherwise a support fee at the current support rate will be charged for one (1) hour.
- On initial sign up: Ten (10) hours of Setup and Training will be provided for up to two (2) nominated users. These ten (10) hours are at the discretion of the QUOTERITE Training team to whether they have been used or not.
10.1. Entire agreement
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
If the delay of failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control, neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
10.4. No Assignment
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without QUOTERITE’s prior written consent.
10.5. Governing law and jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of Australia and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to QUOTERITE must be sent to [email protected] or to any other email address notified by email to You by QUOTERITE. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
10.8. Rights of Third Parties
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.
If any provision of the Agreement is held or made invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity will not affect the remainder of the Agreement, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be replaced by a valid provision that has a similar economic effect.
10.10. Force Majeure
Except for your payment obligations, neither we nor you will have any liability under the Agreement by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of our or your obligations on account of strikes, shortages, riots, acts of terrorism, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, earthquakes, Internet and/or electrical outages, computer viruses, acts of God, war, governmental action, or any cause that is beyond our or your reasonable control.
10.11. Independent Contractors
You and we are independent contractors and nothing in the Agreement will be construed to create, evidence, or imply any agency, employment, partnership, or joint venture between You and us. Except as otherwise set forth in the Agreement, neither You nor we will have any right, power, or authority to create any obligation or responsibility on behalf of the other and the Agreement is not intended to benefit, nor will it be deemed to give rise to any rights in, any third party.
10.12. Electronic Signatures Effective
By clicking on “I Accept”, You create an electronic signature to the Agreement, establishing a contract. In doing so, You agree to accept these Terms and Conditions and any other Agreement contained or referenced herein; You also agree that we may supply you a copy of the Agreement in electronic form.